Do you dream of a job with exciting career prospects in software development? Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you passionate about building user friendly applications? If you answered yes to all of these, then we may just have the job for you!
Join our Team – Leading the Way in Innovation
At Inforgen, we are focused on delivering the very best Sales, Operations and Finance solution to the SME market. Our product utilises a cloud based platform providing access from anywhere, at anytime. Focused on usability and the customer experience, we strive to develop a product that simplifies business process and requires minimal training.
We are looking for a web developer who will bring with them excellent skills and knowledge in front end development and usability, working closely with the other members of the product development team including developers, QA engineers and analysts, to help us achieve our goal of providing a powerful tool that is easy to learn and use.
- Designing and developing cloud based web applications for managing sales, operations and finance.
- Converting customer requirements in to agreed solution designs.
- Working as part of an Agile development team.
- Presentation of design and progress throughout development life cycle.
- Working closely with QA members of the team to ensure a successful delivery that is robust and fit for purpose.
- Testing and maintenance of codebase using automated technologies.
- Performing code reviews on work developed by peers.
- Analysis and estimation of work.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Proven track record of web development and user interface design.
- Experience developing functional applications across different browsers and devices.
- Excellent understanding of usability and accessibility.
- Experience working with business software applications.
- A commitment to learning and supporting our products and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of:
- SQL (TSQL)
- CSS / .LESS
- Responsive design
- C# / ASP.Net / MVC
- Source Code Control (SVN, GIT)
- Test Driven Development
- Experience in cloud based SaaS applications.
- Experience integrating with third party applications.
- Understanding of Entity Framework, CSLA and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of NodeJS, NPM, Gulp/Grunt.
- Experience working within an Agile team and of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A keen interest in web based technologies and desire to learn and keep up to date with latest trends and developments.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating within the team technically and with non-technical members of the business.
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
So, what’s it like to work at Inforgen?
Why work at Inforgen? Who wouldn’t want to be part of a friendly, dynamic and growing business? With offices in two stunning locations, Edinburgh and Peebles, we like to think we are a great team of friendly and open-minded people.
Inforgen was established as a family business and while our growth and success means we have moved on, we still maintain those family values which make this a great place to work. We have fun both in and out of the office – whether it is a BBQ for all the family, with bouncy castles and locally sourced food, a team building event out of office, or a night out at the bowling in Edinburgh, mountain biking nearby or just a quiet catch up over a drink.
We want our team to grow professionally and encourage people to get involved and understand all aspects of the business, from in-house training to adding professional qualifications to their skillset. We like to share our passions and knowledge at work, with regular show casing sessions for the rest of the business, from introductions to new technology skills, simple tours of our latest software release, or tips on using excel short cuts to basic first aid training – and we’re always open to suggestions.
This is an exciting opportunity. If you’re a self-motivated professional who wants a fulfilling career, promising future, and a challenging role working in a dynamic industry, we would love to hear from you.
We are lucky enough to have offices in the beautiful locations of Peebles and central Edinburgh. The thriving market town of Peebles is an easy commute from Edinburgh, with our head office set on the banks of the stunning River Tweed. Championship golf courses, miles of unrivalled cycle paths, adrenalin filled mountain biking trails, hill walking, a world famous spa, theatre, restaurants and excellent schools are all on our door step. If you’re thinking of relocating or just fed up of the ‘big smoke’, the team here at Inforgen will tell you it doesn’t come with many more ‘out of the office’ opportunities than here!
We’re always pleased to help – whether you have a question about our software, our services, or about how to join our growing team.
Find out more about Inforgen software, services and career opportunities online by visiting our website.
If you want your application to be given prioritised consideration, why not send a covering letter or email outlining why you believe you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org?