Join our Team – Test Engineer
At Inforgen, we are focused on delivering the very best Sales, Operations and Finance solution to the SME market. Our product utilises a cloud based platform providing access from anywhere, at anytime. Focused on usability and the customer experience, we strive to develop a product that simplifies business process and requires minimal training.
Currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join our test team.
The role will involve working with our analysts and developers to ensure excellent software releases to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about software development and have strong IT skills.
- Ensuring our software is tested to a very high standard
- Identifying and documenting software issues
- Performing web testing across different platforms and browsers
- Creating, updating and performing automated tests
- Working with our analyst team to produce quality test plans and verifying issues that may arise during testing
- Liaising with our development team on issue resolution and rework
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong team player with good communication skills
- Willing to take ownership task to completion
- A good eye for UI/UX design
- Knowledge of Basic SQL & HTML
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and proficient in writing tests for them (preferred)
- Building and maintaining test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience using selenium or eureQa testing platform (preferred
So, what’s it like to work at Inforgen?
Why work at Inforgen? Who wouldn’t want to be part of a friendly, dynamic and growing business? With our primary office based in Peebles, we like to think we are a great team of friendly and open-minded people.
Inforgen was established as a family business and while our growth and success means we have moved on, we still maintain those family values which make this a great place to work. We have fun both in and out of the office – whether it is a BBQ for all the family, with bouncy castles and locally sourced food, a team building event out of office, or a night out at the bowling in Edinburgh, mountain biking nearby or just a quiet catch up over a drink.
We want our team to grow professionally and encourage people to get involved and understand all aspects of the business, from in-house training to adding professional qualifications to their skillset. We like to share our passions and knowledge at work, with regular show casing sessions for the rest of the business, from introductions to new technology skills, simple tours of our latest software release, or tips on using excel short cuts to basic first aid training – and we’re always open to suggestions.
This is an exciting opportunity. If you’re a self-motivated professional who wants a fulfilling career, promising future, and a challenging role working in a dynamic industry, we would love to hear from you.
The thriving market town of Peebles is an easy commute from Edinburgh, with our head office set on the banks of the stunning River Tweed. Championship golf courses, miles of unrivalled cycle paths, adrenalin filled mountain biking trails, hill walking, a world famous spa, theatre, restaurants and excellent schools are all on our door step. If you’re thinking of relocating or just fed up of the ‘big smoke’, the team here at Inforgen will tell you it doesn’t come with many more ‘out of the office’ opportunities than here!
We’re always pleased to help – whether you have a question about our software, our services, or about how to join our growing team.
Find out more about Inforgen software, services and career opportunities online by visiting our website.
If you want your application to be given prioritised consideration, why not send a covering letter or email outlining why you believe you are the right person for this role to email@example.com?