The search is on for a skilled and motivated Infrastructure Engineer to manage, maintain and support our internal and client-facing infrastructure.
At Inforgen, we have developed our own hosted ERP SaaS solution which runs on a Microsoft server base. Alongside this, we build and host e-commerce websites for our customers and provide a managed service for small business IT. Our hosting infrastructure is made up of a mixture of physical and virtual Windows servers running VMware. The successful candidate will take ownership of this infrastructure to maximise its performance, robustness and security, at all times ensuring excellent client satisfaction. You will work alongside our managed service and application teams, and act as the primary technical contact with our data centre partners. Additionally, you will assist with the design, management and support of both our internal and client networking, server and PC infrastructure.
Our commitment to delivering the best product and customer experience are the key to our continued growth and success. The right candidate will help us drive the business to the next level.
Ideally, you will have at least 3 – 5 years’ relevant commercial experience.
- Design, maintenance and support of production-grade high availability server infrastructure.
- Management of network switching, firewalls and load-balancers.
- Installation, deployment, monitoring and support of Microsoft server applications.
- Installation, deployment, monitoring and support of VMware environments.
- Installation, deployment, monitoring and support of Citrix ShareFile.
- Installation, deployment, monitoring and support of hardware and software backup solutions.
- Management of internal office networking, PCs and servers.
- Act as 3rd Line support for customer infrastructure design, deployment and support.
- Provide advice and recommendations to ensure best practices are followed and that systems are fit for purpose.
- Development and on-going maintenance of disaster recovery processes to ensure business continuity.
- Carry out regular infrastructure maintenance to agreed schedule and specification.
- Responsible for maintaining infrastructure technical documentation.
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis with other members of the team.
- Proven track record of managing complex business critical IT infrastructure.
- Experience building, configuring and supporting server and network hardware.
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 onwards), Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of network storage solutions (NAS, SAN)
- Managed network switching, firewalls, load-balancers.
- Management of Office 365 and hosted exchange.
- Backup processes and solutions.
- Public server security including SSL, VPN, DoS prevention.
- Virtualisation – VMware preferred.
- Infrastructure and application monitoring.
- Microsoft Windows patching and updates.
- Synology storage devices.
- Ubiquiti WiFi.
- Citrix ShareFile.
- PCI Compliance.
- Awareness of VoIP technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A keen interest in web based technologies and desire to learn and keep up to date with latest trends and developments.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating within the team technically and with non-technical members of the business.
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
So, what’s it like to work at Inforgen?
Why work at Inforgen? Who wouldn’t want to be part of a friendly, dynamic and growing business? With offices in two stunning locations, Edinburgh and Peebles, we like to think we are a great team of friendly and open-minded people.
Inforgen was established as a family business and while our growth and success means we have moved on, we still maintain those family values which make this a great place to work. We have fun both in and out of the office – whether it is a BBQ for all the family, with bouncy castles and locally sourced food, a team building event out of office, or a night out at the bowling in Edinburgh, mountain biking nearby or just a quiet catch up over a drink.
We want our team to grow professionally and encourage people to get involved and understand all aspects of the business, from in-house training to adding professional qualifications to their skillset. We like to share our passions and knowledge at work, with regular show casing sessions for the rest of the business, from introductions to new technology skills, simple tours of our latest software release, or tips on using excel short cuts to basic first aid training – and we’re always open to suggestions.
This is an exciting opportunity. If you’re a self-motivated professional who wants a fulfilling career, promising future, and a challenging role working in a dynamic industry, we would love to hear from you.
We are lucky enough to have offices in the beautiful locations of Peebles and central Edinburgh. The thriving market town of Peebles is an easy commute from Edinburgh, with our head office set on the banks of the stunning River Tweed. Championship golf courses, miles of unrivalled cycle paths, adrenalin filled mountain biking trails, hill walking, a world famous spa, theatre, restaurants and excellent schools are all on our door step. If you’re thinking of relocating or just fed up of the ‘big smoke’, the team here at Inforgen will tell you it doesn’t come with many more ‘out of the office’ opportunities than here!
We’re always pleased to help – whether you have a question about our software, our services, or about how to join our growing team.
If you want your application to be given prioritised consideration, why not send a covering letter or email outlining why you believe you are the right person for this role to email@example.com?